Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Celeste Spray Paint

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Celeste Spray Paint

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-07, 08:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Celeste Spray Paint

I am looking for a lead on Celeste spray paint or something close, maybe with a pearl effect. Any ideas?
Old 12-02-07, 09:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is all I can find
https://store.bianchiusa.com/compone...f1c8d0dac2.jpg

https://store.bianchiusa.com/index.p...mart&Itemid=26
Old 12-02-07, 10:19 PM
AEO

Bikes: Bianchi, Miyata, Dahon, Rossin

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
pretty sure you'd have to go to an automotive shop and have them colour match it.
And the 'celeste' colour is not the same one throughout the years bianchi was in business.

Last edited by AEO; 12-02-07 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-02-07, 10:52 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Yeah i knew it wasnt the same, thats why I asked about the pearlier celeste. When you say auto shop are you talking like a pep boys or like a body shop?
Old 12-02-07, 10:58 PM
crotchety young dude

Bikes: IRO Angus; Casati Gold Line; Redline 925; '72 Schwinn Olympic Paramount

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Probably a body shop.
Old 12-02-07, 11:23 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
I just bought a Celeste Bianchi and it came with a pack of spray paint - one can Celeste and one of clear. I think it must have come from the Bianchi store since it's 'official' Bianchi paint and all the writing is in Italian with English as a second language.

You might try a bike shop that sells Bianchi to see if they can get it, otherwise try a pro auto paint store. They can match your paint, mix up a 2-part finish and put it in an aerosol can. Just make sure you understand how toxic 2-part paint is if you go that route.
Old 12-03-07, 07:04 AM
Bike Junkie

Location: South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, East of Harris Lake, NC

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Roubaix, Giant OCR-C, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 84 Nishiki Medalist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 27 Posts
Body shops buy their paint at a auto paint store. Around here, there is a Carquest shop that mixes all the auto paints for the local repair shops. Warning, they usually only sell at least a quart and it will not be cheap. But those guys are so good at matching it's incredible.
Old 12-03-07, 07:10 AM

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked 200 Times in 105 Posts
There are some paint shops with the capability of scanning a color and getting a match. One I know of in the DC area is Mattos. The counterman told me it's not always 100%, though.
Old 12-03-07, 08:02 AM

Bikes: Waterford RST-22, Bob Jackson World Tour, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Soma Saga, De Bernardi SL, Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Bianchi sells Celeste spray paint, primer and final coat, at their website -- www.bianchiusa.com . I know because I've bought it from them before.
Old 12-03-07, 11:45 AM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
how long ago did you buy it? All they have listed now is the 1/2oz vials of touch up paint.
Old 12-03-07, 12:55 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I can get celeste made in a spray can but it is either a base coat that needs to be clear coated or a fast dry acrylic enamel. When I do celeste I usually spray a blue pearl coat over the celeste and then clearcoat. To do this with spray cans it would require a can of celeste, blue pearl and clear in a basecoat. If you check with your local auto paint supplier they may have the machine to fill spray cans also. If not send me a email and I will get you a price. If this is for a repaint then exact color is not an issue but it would not workasa touchup to existing paint due to the varations of celeste through the years.

allan@bicyclepainter.com
Old 12-03-07, 02:25 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PaintIt
I can get celeste made in a spray can but it is either a base coat that needs to be clear coated or a fast dry acrylic enamel. When I do celeste I usually spray a blue pearl coat over the celeste and then clearcoat. To do this with spray cans it would require a can of celeste, blue pearl and clear in a basecoat. If you check with your local auto paint supplier they may have the machine to fill spray cans also. If not send me a email and I will get you a price. If this is for a repaint then exact color is not an issue but it would not workasa touchup to existing paint due to the varations of celeste through the years.

allan@bicyclepainter.com
Hey awesome thanks for the info and the offer. I check locally and if not ill shoot you an email. How much do you think I would need in terms of cans? One of each?
Old 12-03-07, 06:04 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think it could be done with one can of primer and 2 of color but I do not use spray cans for finishing so that is a guess. I think the cans have 3 oz of paint. I have not priced them lately but I would guess they are abot $20.00 per can for automotive basecoat. You can also get 2 part auto clear in a can from alsacorp.com