Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

What did you get for Christmas**********

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

What did you get for Christmas**********

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-10, 05:49 PM

Bikes: 2009 Cannondale CAAD9-6 2014 Trek Domaine 5.9

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by patentcad
Of course, Chester is not Bike Schwag, as much as I love him. So a couple of weeks ago, I did buy this on eBay:

2008 Cervelo P3, Profile/Zipp cockpit, D.A. 7900 crank set and brakes, D.A. 7800 derailleurs, those are my Zipp 404 Powertap wheels. About 18lbs as pictured, drops to under 17lbs with the Zipp tubies. Very pleased with the bike.

Holy Cow!! You got another bike!!!

Adopt me please!!!
Old 12-25-10, 05:51 PM
Peloton Shelter Dog

Bikes: 2017 Scott Foil, 2016 Scott Addict SL, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur CC MTB

Liked 28 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by rangerdavid
Adopt me please!!!
I sold my old TT bike and replaced it with this one, a slightly used bike off eBay.

I will adopt you if you agree to clean my bicycle drivetrains, change the cat litter, and watch the Mets games for me.
Old 12-25-10, 05:58 PM

Bikes: 1976 FRESCHI, 2004 Crumpton.

Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts
i sold my old tt bike and replaced it with this one, a slightly used bike off ebay.

I will adopt you if you agree to clean my bicycle drivetrains, change the cat litter, and watch the mets games with me.
fify
Old 12-25-10, 06:02 PM

Bikes: 2009 Trek Soho

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
the wife knit me a hi-vis scarf using bright yellow thread. it is sooooooo warm on my neck! I feel loved.
Old 12-25-10, 06:04 PM
Peloton Shelter Dog

Originally Posted by surgeonstone
fify
FOR me, not with me.
Old 12-25-10, 06:05 PM
Peloton Shelter Dog

Originally Posted by mtalinm
the wife knit me a hi-vis scarf using bright yellow thread. it is sooooooo warm on my neck! I feel loved.
Oh that sounds lovely, a don't flatten me yellow scarf. How classy that must look with your leather jacket.
Old 12-25-10, 06:20 PM
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Liked 601 Times in 332 Posts
Originally Posted by ClanLee
I like the map(s) on the wall. There are two, right? What's on the second one?

I love maps! I've got a large wall map of the world which I need to find a place for. I've had it up in the last two places I've lived, and it was great for locating countries where world news events were taking place, and for looking where I have cycled and where I would like to cycle.
Old 12-25-10, 06:27 PM
Digging in the pain cave.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I sold my old TT bike and replaced it with this one, a slightly used bike off eBay.

I will adopt you if you agree to clean my bicycle drivetrains, change the cat litter, and watch the Mets games for me.
Be thankful he didn't say Pirates games...
Old 12-25-10, 06:30 PM
B+ roadie I guess?

Bikes: 2013 BMC GranFondo GF01 Ui2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CyciumX
I got a new Felt. It will never be ridden.
how come?

Originally Posted by JVoigt
Assos Mille bib shorts

Nice! I have yet to try me some Assos bibs.
Old 12-25-10, 06:30 PM
Boom.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
^What about the Pirates?!

I got a nice pair of Nike running shoes, and money donated in my name to the animal shelter I volunteer at.
Old 12-25-10, 06:31 PM
B+ roadie I guess?

Bikes: 2013 BMC GranFondo GF01 Ui2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ClanLee

I must have been a good boy... 2011 Specialized S-Works Tarmac, full Dura Ace 7900.
That Tarmac looks SWEET and fast!
Old 12-25-10, 06:32 PM

Bikes: 2009 Cannondale CAAD9-6 2014 Trek Domaine 5.9

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

alas, you drive too hard a bargain. I must therefore decline. No way I could sit through a Mets game....................
Old 12-25-10, 06:36 PM

Bikes: It's a SICKNESS!

Liked 29 Times in 19 Posts
Primal Wear Jersey, t-shirt and socks (I guess she got "Free Shipping" if the order was big enough), new floor pump, DVDs, Snoopy t-shirt and wool socks.
The best gift of all was from the US Navy, they let my son come home for 14 days.

Your only hope is reciting 10 hail campagnolos to our lady of the duraace.

I'm happy to say that I own more Steel then Carbon. My Stable! ---> https://flic.kr/s/aHsmVZBep7
Old 12-25-10, 06:40 PM
Slow and Steady

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
I like the map(s) on the wall. There are two, right? What's on the second one?

I love maps! I've got a large wall map of the world which I need to find a place for. I've had it up in the last two places I've lived, and it was great for locating countries where world news events were taking place, and for looking where I have cycled and where I would like to cycle.
The first is a map of the world, the second is a map of the US. I bought it for my kids, so they can get a better understanding of the world. Not too much interest in the maps yet but anytime I go on a trip, I ask the kids to find the place on the map and they have a fun time trying to locate the place.

I would make a map of all the places I cycled but that would only be limited to Southern California so not too much to see.
Old 12-25-10, 06:42 PM
Slow and Steady

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Frogbutter
Primal Wear Jersey, t-shirt and socks (I guess she got "Free Shipping" if the order was big enough), new floor pump, DVDs, Snoopy t-shirt and wool socks.
The best gift of all was from the US Navy, they let my son come home for 14 days.
I used to wear primal wear jersey but after a season, the cuffs would turn rock hard. Every single one of my jersey did this, I wonder if anyone else had the same issue.
Old 12-25-10, 06:49 PM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
My Daughter & Son knows how her dad thinks!
Old 12-25-10, 07:31 PM
Throw the stick!!!!

Bikes: GMC Denali

Liked 92 Times in 31 Posts
Welp other than the shuffle I didn't get anything bike related. I did score $400 to order some toys for myself though.
Old 12-25-10, 07:49 PM

Bikes: '10 BMC Pro Machine, 02 Fisher Sugar 2+

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oh that sounds lovely, a don't flatten me yellow scarf. How classy that must look with your leather jacket.
Have a few more shots of Ol' Grandad there Pcad. It may be possible to sound more like a ******.
Old 12-25-10, 08:04 PM
TWD
Cervelo R3

Bikes: Cervelo R3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dbikingman
I got nothing. I guess I got my gift a few days ago. I had a washer and dryer for sale on CL. A lady called and asked about it and if I would take payments. Well, the long and the short of it is she has just recently went back to work, single mother of three, one of which has medical issues. So she got the washer and dryer for free, a turkey dinner, and $20.00 gift card. This is an excerpt from an email I got from her the following day. Nothing I could have gotten for Christmas could make me feel this good.

Words can't describe what you did for my family tonight.....
The gift you gave us tonight was amazing. I was able to buy the stuff to cook the christmas dinner in with the gift card you gave me. This year has been life changing for me and my kiddos. My daughter last night was sitting with my son and him being four he now knows what santa is about and he was talking to her about what santa was going to give him. My six year old told him moms broke santa isnt coming. I was chrushed that my six year old daughter had grasped the idea that I had nothing to give them. You have brought santa back my daughters have no idea that they will wake up to presents in the morning. You truly were our angels tonight, I hope you have a amazing christmas
You Rock!!!
Old 12-25-10, 08:06 PM
fuggitivo solitario

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by truckstop
I spent Christmas Eve with my dad, and oldest brother who lives with him. Dad made a big pot of chicken soup, and we brought him a bottle of TJ's Belgian ale. Being able to spend time together, was a nice gift for everyone. We don't exchange gifts anymore, and I'm ok with that.

We'll be getting together again, this time including my other older brother and his family, on the 31st. We give the kids gifts and have fun watching them run around tearing things open. My niece has mercifully grown out of the age where she shrieks at the top of her lungs in a pitch that make dogs hide and glass break.
I had a bottle myself, and it was some good stuff. Maybe not ommegang good, but still damned good

As for me, i received bottles of multi-vitamins and glucosamines to keep me healthy.

As for stuff i bought for myself, and there are quite a bit (i know, i'm a consumerist pig)

-New white dress shirt to replace the one i ruined when i got ink on the old one
-This scarf from J Press

-A 12" adjustable wrench so i can finally remove casettes
-Conti gatorskin tires, castelli jackets, gore balaclava, etc, but those are all necessities for cycling
Old 12-25-10, 08:06 PM
Peloton Shelter Dog

Originally Posted by dbikingman
I got nothing. I guess I got my gift a few days ago. I had a washer and dryer for sale on CL. A lady called and asked about it and if I would take payments. Well, the long and the short of it is she has just recently went back to work, single mother of three, one of which has medical issues. So she got the washer and dryer for free, a turkey dinner, and $20.00 gift card. This is an excerpt from an email I got from her the following day. Nothing I could have gotten for Christmas could make me feel this good.

Words can't describe what you did for my family tonight.....
The gift you gave us tonight was amazing. I was able to buy the stuff to cook the christmas dinner in with the gift card you gave me. This year has been life changing for me and my kiddos. My daughter last night was sitting with my son and him being four he now knows what santa is about and he was talking to her about what santa was going to give him. My six year old told him moms broke santa isnt coming. I was chrushed that my six year old daughter had grasped the idea that I had nothing to give them. You have brought santa back my daughters have no idea that they will wake up to presents in the morning. You truly were our angels tonight, I hope you have a amazing christmas
You're the only guy here who seems to understand what Christmas is supposed to be all about.

Eff Bike Schwag. You sound like the richest guy here.
Old 12-25-10, 08:11 PM
Let's Ride!

Bikes: --2010 Jamis 650b1-- 2016 Cervelo R2-- 2018 Salsa Journeyman 650B

Liked 40 Times in 27 Posts
2 Happy kids, a beautiful wife, a warm house and performance bib shorts and Defeet wool- e- ator socks.

Plus 3-6" of snow.
Old 12-25-10, 08:30 PM

Bikes: Wilier Izoard, Tricross FG

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Another Garmin Edge 500 recipient here! Now I'm just deciding whether to get the regular HR monitor or spring for the premium strap.
Old 12-25-10, 08:38 PM

Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts
I got to spend an entire day with my wife of 29 years, both daughters and not a single phone call or email from work. It was wonderful. Oh, I also got some nice bike stuff.
Old 12-25-10, 08:40 PM

Bikes: 1976 FRESCHI, 2004 Crumpton.

Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Grumpy McTrumpy
I got some nice clothes.

I made this as a gift for my mom (her birthday is approaching as well)

Very, very nice. Lovely finish.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.