Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

fighting with pedestrians

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

fighting with pedestrians

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-09, 01:57 PM
¡Senor Member!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lol@ syncmaster playing detective. its really cute, the assumptions he makes.
Old 07-23-09, 02:12 PM
Paste Taster

Bikes: , Jury Bike, Moto Outcast 29, Spicer standard track frame and spicer custom steel sprint frame.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by synapsemusic
Thanks. And I will.

But out of curiosity, how are you defending my right to live "that way"? Also please explain that "that way" is.
you will understand things in a different way as you reach the end of you college career most college students look back and realize a lot of professors put a skew on things

"that way" is how ever you have chosen to live your life keep living it enjoy it and be happy with the way it is after all it is what you make or it

as far as defending you right and ability to live however you like (reads in the "service" sector)
Old 07-23-09, 02:32 PM
curmudgeon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Retem
Oh great another self righteous college kid rehashing what his books told him about war and peace.

First off the Useless Nations are just that useless how do you get humanitarian aid to people when the warlords are more willing to fight than the humanitarian force.

Second your right the cyclist shouldn't have gotten off his bike but an attitude of appeasement is what let the Nazis take over half of Europe. Get over your school learned facts do a little studying out side of the syllabus. Your professor is just propagating his view after all he more than likely co-authored the course literature.

Third go read "The Art Of War" if you want to understand war.

By all means continue living your life the way you want I will keep living mine to defend your right to live that way.
Oh great, another wingnut on the internet. you come with cliches and all.

you do realize that the UN via the Security Counsil can call together forces of member nations under UN control or simply call upon NATO forces or other chartered forces? See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timelin...eping_missions

The notion of the Third Reich taking over Europe simply through appeasement is poor historical analysis that has become a bit of a meme over the years. Chamberlain's appeasement was only one facet of the reason for Nazi success -- more importantly, they were fast and unpredictable and, before US involvement, the superior fighting force in the region.

And isnt this thread officially over now since you've now evoked Godwin's Law?

The Art of War is one of those books that is referenced mostly by people that have never actually read the book. If you have indeed read the book, how do you explain the total contradiction of what the book proposes and the actions of the u-lock swinging guy?
Old 07-23-09, 02:37 PM
Dances With Cars

Bikes: TBL Onyx Pro(ss converted), Pake SS (starting to look kinda pimped)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I wonder if the ped tried something in the intersection, NOT that that would justify the response by I-know-nothing-biker-boy. From the positioning in the beginning I wonder if the biker tried to snake through with the car and the ped did/said something? Multiple heads shots with a U-lock? Please ... learn to swing that thing by taking mirrors off cabs, U-locks are for beating cars when you're messin', and he didn't look like a messenger. Carving the intersection ped walk gap is an acquired skill biker-boy might not have mastered yet. Seriously get back on and ride, hell, stopping was his first mistake. That kid needs an aggravated assault with a weapon charge as a parting gift.
Old 07-23-09, 02:39 PM
omg

Bikes: santa cruz xc, fuji corsstown, 70's steel fixie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Old 07-23-09, 02:57 PM
Paste Taster

Bikes: , Jury Bike, Moto Outcast 29, Spicer standard track frame and spicer custom steel sprint frame.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by psirue
Oh great, another wingnut on the internet. you come with cliches and all.

you do realize that the UN via the Security Counsil can call together forces of member nations under UN control or simply call upon NATO forces or other chartered forces? See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timelin...eping_missions

The notion of the Third Reich taking over Europe simply through appeasement is poor historical analysis that has become a bit of a meme over the years. Chamberlain's appeasement was only one facet of the reason for Nazi success -- more importantly, they were fast and unpredictable and, before US involvement, the superior fighting force in the region.

And isnt this thread officially over now since you've now evoked Godwin's Law?

The Art of War is one of those books that is referenced mostly by people that have never actually read the book. If you have indeed read the book, how do you explain the total contradiction of what the book proposes and the actions of the u-lock swinging guy?
I am bored with this
and yes the dumb **** on the bike did not fight the guy on his own terms
also if you didn't read my other comments roll by pimp slap would have sufficed

yup I like that term wing nut an fred they both fit well
Old 07-23-09, 03:04 PM
GO, Mordecai!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by time bandit
lol@ syncmaster playing detective. its really cute, the assumptions he makes.
Thanks for calling me cute. Just made my day.
Old 07-23-09, 03:09 PM
dsh
Oh, you know...

Bikes: '74 Schwinn Sports Tourer (Polo), S-Works E5 Team Festina (Chorus 11), Trek 2200 Bonded Carbon (Fixed), Trek 920 (7 speed IGH), Chesini Olimpiade SL (1x7)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
and yes the dumb **** on the bike did not fight the guy on his own terms
And he didn't even effectively use spies, what a dumbass. He must not have read the book.
Old 07-23-09, 03:12 PM
Paste Taster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
now this is just getting to be fun
Old 07-23-09, 03:16 PM
dsh
Oh, you know...

Bikes: '74 Schwinn Sports Tourer (Polo), S-Works E5 Team Festina (Chorus 11), Trek 2200 Bonded Carbon (Fixed), Trek 920 (7 speed IGH), Chesini Olimpiade SL (1x7)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had the idea to make a thread called "Flirting with pedestrians" and see how much I could make it parallel this thread, but I'm too lazy.

If someone else wants to do that just make sure to give me some credit in the op.
Old 07-23-09, 03:37 PM
DRUNKDRIVER

Bikes: Kilo TT custom

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
philosophy on the internet.
Old 07-23-09, 03:58 PM
Paste Taster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
the drive by booty slap
Old 07-23-09, 04:35 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oh great another self righteous college kid rehashing what his books told him about war and peace.
Heh... when I read that line, and looked at your avatar, I heard Onslow's voice saying that.
That quote is total Onslow.
Old 07-23-09, 04:44 PM
¡Senor Member!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
the drive by booty slap
hhahaha, i've seen a guy get locked up for pulling one of these.
Old 07-23-09, 04:47 PM
Paste Taster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mackerel
Heh... when I read that line, and looked at your avatar, I heard Onslow's voice saying that.
That quote is total Onslow.
White Trash is White Trash

Originally Posted by time bandit
hhahaha, i've seen a guy get locked up for pulling one of these.
really that is awesome who woulda thunk it
Old 07-23-09, 05:21 PM

Bikes: https://velospace.org/node/18951

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
we have liftoff.

α
Old 07-23-09, 07:04 PM

Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
you will understand things in a different way as you reach the end of you college career most college students look back and realize a lot of professors put a skew on things

"that way" is how ever you have chosen to live your life keep living it enjoy it and be happy with the way it is after all it is what you make or it

as far as defending you right and ability to live however you like (reads in the "service" sector)
Ah yes the old 'you have NO IDEA what reality is' argument.

Guess what idiot, the people that are most virulently anti-war are former soldiers. The only people like you that try to argue that it isn't that bad fall into two types - the *******s that went into the military and guarded outhouses in the middle of friendly countries and think that makes them so bad ass - and chickenhawks who get a hard on watching YouTube videos of predator drone strikes.

You are a callous, privileged, willfully ignorant bully that hides behind the word 'freedom' to rationalize your support of crimes against humanity.

The vast majority of death, destruction, and human suffering can be attributed to the inability of people like you to actually think through consequences.

I have a suggestion for you. Spend just one iota of thought each day contemplating the possibility that life is a lot bigger than you can possibly imagine, and in ten or so years see how flippant you are about how we as people should think about war.
Old 07-23-09, 08:22 PM

Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Swiftly
haha this crowd is sooooooooo young up in heah, you dont know **** yet, like the fact that what you think is an "old" man could probably beat the living **** out of your unconfident young ass. My stepfather looks like a kindly old 67 year dude, with a long beard and a big beer gut and a lined face, but he can lift your sorry 160 pound ass above his head and break you on his knee, or break your elbow backwards if you get close enough to let him grab your arm with both hands..

stupid kids equating old with weak, maybe your dad is a pathetic wuss, but a man that works for a living can kick as much ass at 60+ as he can at 25 or 35, except a 60+ he knows it, real well. in a pickup fight on the street, I'd take bets on his 67 yr old ass on any 3 of you, cause you don't have the sense to know he'll gouge your eye out while you're still talking **** and puffing your chest

old men are dangerous
now that you've said that, i bet more cyclists are gonna start beating old men with u-locks whenever they get near them. way to go!

edit:
and you just made alot of points that confirm that what the cyclist did was right.
Old 07-23-09, 09:05 PM
a.k.a. QUADZILLA

Bikes: Super Pista, Basso, Big Dummy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by schnee

Guess what idiot, the people that are most virulently anti-war are former soldiers. The only people like you that try to argue that it isn't that bad fall into two types - the *******s that went into the military and guarded outhouses in the middle of friendly countries and think that makes them so bad ass - and chickenhawks who get a hard on watching YouTube videos of predator drone strikes.

You are a callous, privileged, willfully ignorant bully that hides behind the word 'freedom' to rationalize your support of crimes against humanity.

The vast majority of death, destruction, and human suffering can be attributed to the inability of people like you to actually think through consequences.

I have a suggestion for you. Spend just one iota of thought each day contemplating the possibility that life is a lot bigger than you can possibly imagine, and in ten or so years see how flippant you are about how we as people should think about war.
I'm not saying anyone is wrong in right in this argument, but I served in the military and met more than my fair share of people who had been in combat and were neither outhouse guards nor chickenhawks. That view of soldiers, current or former, is a little misinformed.
Old 07-23-09, 09:57 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah, I know plenty of people who have served who are against the war and war in general. I also know plenty that are all about it. I wouldn't pigeonhole the military.
Old 07-23-09, 10:25 PM
dsh
Oh, you know...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i knew this one guy
and he was like
war is cool
and i was like
man grow up
and he was like
man
and then he was like
youre right
war isnt cool
and i was like
yeah

true story
Old 07-23-09, 10:40 PM
Riding Engineer

Bikes: Kiyo Kiyo Kiyo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
... To crash your enemy[pedestrians]. Have them ran before you, and hear the lamentation of the women ...

(Conan the Barbarian)

P.S. Sorry forgot the first part.

Last edited by Tomo_Ishi; 07-24-09 at 04:29 AM.
Old 07-23-09, 11:10 PM
Paste Taster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by schnee

hey don't hold any punches there pal... Save it for the political forums... Enough of this crap back to bikes
Old 07-24-09, 03:22 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey, what's this talk about being scared of old guys? This is totally unfair. You see, being underestimated is a primary tool enjoyed by those over 40 when viewed by those who are in their 20's - especially early 20's. It is totally wrong to expose an entire segment of the population over a single incident like this. The more this line of thinking is spoke of the more damage is done. I must suggest restraint. I mean what's next - telling people that you won't go to hell if you tell some old battleaxe that she should wait her turn in line instead of just pushing up to the front because she knows she can get away with it? What is the world coming to. Old guys, defined as any guy over 35 is nothing more than a joke. Totally harmless - weather they want to be or not. You have no worries. None. Zilch. Nada. Oh, as for old women - be afraid. Be very afraid.
Old 07-24-09, 03:40 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
He's a grumpy old guy. Get over it. No need to get u-lock crazy. Senior's don't recover as quickly, or well, at that age, so I'm sure he's got something broken or unrepairable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.