Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Show & Tell your ink

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Show & Tell your ink

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-06, 02:47 PM
pompous windbag

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A crew-esque tattoo. Not flashy, but I like it.
Old 08-29-06, 08:57 PM

Bikes: badass ones

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm in the middle.
Old 08-29-06, 11:00 PM
Quadricepius Exquisitus

Bikes: christini awd, caondale bad boy ultra, 26" hardtail touring bike, KHS track

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
proud po'tater farmers you three.
Old 08-30-06, 09:56 AM
Member's Only

Bikes: Bridgesetone RB-1 fixie, Surly CrossCheck, Surly Instigator, Salsa AlaCarte, Bianchi Timberwolf SS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dirtjump132

I'm in the middle.
I'm down with the tats, but the plastic beer cup?!?
Old 08-30-06, 04:19 PM
Playing with the traffic

Bikes: 2009 Colnago Primavera, Campy Chorus 11 speed, 1986 Colnago Master, C-Record, 2008 Surly LHT, 1930's Malvern Star 3-speed.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by peterbarson
where is the other one?
Other one what?

First sitting I think?
Old 08-30-06, 04:23 PM
Playing with the traffic

Bikes: 2009 Colnago Primavera, Campy Chorus 11 speed, 1986 Colnago Master, C-Record, 2008 Surly LHT, 1930's Malvern Star 3-speed.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by turd
i like the one-color'edness of this..

and my mom is freaking out about my arm.. she said "please do not get any more body pictures done" aww...
Yep, my wife is asking nicely that I not get anymore ink.

I'd like a bit of posada, maybe a back-piece or something.

Still she is letting me buy a track-bike, so quid pro quo.

It just means our baby will not be fed this week.
Old 08-30-06, 06:11 PM
girl anachronism

Bikes: cayne uno

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jetbike
Hey I didn't realise there was another tattoo thread.

This is my half-sleeve. Done at Creative Tattoo, Byron Bay.

Chicks dig skinny arms.....or something.

Done in two sittings. For the first I went out for milk and came back with the fish.

I've been politely asked not to get anymore, but....
Wow, they are amazing! If my partner said no more tattoos I would laugh in their face! But it's a part of my life, maybe more so than some!
Old 08-31-06, 05:01 AM
Playing with the traffic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think she's very aware of one-day waking up next to 'the illustrated man'.

She also knows I'm very impulsive. It's helpful to hear her point of view - plus I respect her, she's intelligent and my best friend. Awwww....sigh.

It might be difficult to share your life with someone with PUNX NOT DEAD etched into your forehead.
Old 08-31-06, 05:32 AM
15mm

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evanyc
my friend did this on my other friend. nothing to do with me, but he just posted a pic of it so i thought i'd share cause i think it's sweeeeet

Jeff Soto is theeeeeeeeeee jammers.
Old 08-31-06, 09:13 AM
dutret has a posse

Bikes: IRO Angus 53, Marinoni Special 54, LMNO Custom Road Bike, Guerciotti TT, Late 60s Bottechia Road, Univega Via Montega beater/polo/rain bike.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Riding Hood
Wow, they are amazing! If my partner said no more tattoos I would laugh in their face! But it's a part of my life, maybe more so than some!
whenever i go back to philly, i usually go and hang out at my friends tattoo shop in new jersey. sometimes my girlfriend will come and she is now convinced that she wants a chest piece. its nice to know that she is into the same things i am, but i think she is also afraid of waking up next to 'the illustrated man.' she likes the work i get done, but i think she wants me to not be completely covered by 30. its ok, we are working on my feet/legs right now and i always wear jeans, so most people dont even realize how covered i am.
Old 08-31-06, 12:32 PM
girl anachronism

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

She also knows I'm very impulsive. It's helpful to hear her point of view - plus I respect her, she's intelligent and my best friend. Awwww....sigh.

It might be difficult to share your life with someone with PUNX NOT DEAD etched into your forehead.
Haha, I respect that. I am not impulsive with any of my tattoos. My latest one I've had drawn up for 5 years before getting it done.
Old 08-31-06, 12:51 PM
girl anachronism

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ryand
whenever i go back to philly, i usually go and hang out at my friends tattoo shop in new jersey. sometimes my girlfriend will come and she is now convinced that she wants a chest piece. its nice to know that she is into the same things i am, but i think she is also afraid of waking up next to 'the illustrated man.' she likes the work i get done, but i think she wants me to not be completely covered by 30. its ok, we are working on my feet/legs right now and i always wear jeans, so most people dont even realize how covered i am.
Bah, there is such a stigma people attached to being tattooed. I'm not some sideshow freak, I just have tattoos! The first one I got was on the inside of my forearm. Why do people get tattoos that require covering? Why even get it in the first place, are you ashamed!? If you are serious about getting a tattoo, get it, and show it! People let their job or conservative people around them tell them it's not okay to have tattoos. People around the world have been doing it for centuries for many different reasons, I feel like the people who get drunk and get stupid **** (and feel dumb about it later) make people think we are all like that. "Don't you know how expensive they are to be removed!?" "What are you going to do when you are a mom?" That is a great one I hear all the time. What the 'ell do you think I am going to do? Beat my kids and tell them the tattoos made me do it?

Sorry, that was an insane tanget. I wasn't targeting that to anyone here, but I hope that you guys can relate. (ryand, your girlfriend obviously isn't one of those people who are the jerks!) A lot of the people around me LOVE my tattoos, but everyonce in a while I run into some a*hole who feels like he has something to say. I am much nicer to them in person, though I shouldn't be.
Old 08-31-06, 12:51 PM
Bulldozer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am not impulsive with any of my tattoos. My latest one I've had drawn up for 5 years before getting it done.
I am terribly impulsive with my tattoos, and I like it that way. Most of them I've gotten within a few days of thinking of them (well, started anyway, some have taken a few sessions to finish). Some day I will take photos and post them here, I swear.
Old 08-31-06, 01:00 PM
dutret has a posse

Bikes: IRO Angus 53, Marinoni Special 54, LMNO Custom Road Bike, Guerciotti TT, Late 60s Bottechia Road, Univega Via Montega beater/polo/rain bike.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i don't get tattoos places where they can be covered, right now we are simply working on my legs and feet. i have the city seal of rochester, ny tattooed inside my left arm and there is going to be a toulouse lautrec print inside the left. i already have most of my body planned out, but my artist wants to finish certain things before starting anything else. i have no shame in being tattooed and upon request will show anybody any of my tattoos.

i just hate when they ask if it hurt.
Old 08-31-06, 01:29 PM
eert a ekil yzarc

Bikes: many bikes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I A lot of the people around me LOVE my tattoos, but everyonce in a while I run into some a*hole who feels like he has something to say. I am much nicer to them in person, though I shouldn't be.
i just hate when they ask if it hurt.
I ignore the tat haters. Everytime I ask if they want my opinion on how they live.

The hurt question, man its been a long, long time. It has been replaced lately with "How much would your friend charge for a tat?" And of course they have clue what they want in the first place, but they want a price.

Just the other night, my new neighbor's comment is now my favorite. And at the sametime he has created a new category of people... of sorts. "The newbie/bargain collector that is related to an young artist" Nothing prepared me for his line of questioning. Who did the work, how many I have, how much does he charge..., I answered in hours and gave the hourly rate. . He then showed me his only tat (upper arm tribal dragon cherry bomb flash I think), that had showed someone needs to work on their outlines. Told me it was his cousin that did it, and I should go to him for my next one, cuz he doesn't charge as much. I thanked him for his opinion, and then asked him for any other factors of my life he had figured out for me.
Old 08-31-06, 01:37 PM
dutret has a posse

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i love people that ask how much he charges. because my response is i dont know, he doesnt charge me. i buy him dinner. i never start getting tattooed until about midnight.

yeah, pretty intense line of questioning. you should never take price into consideration for a tattoo though. i wish more people realized that.
Old 08-31-06, 02:31 PM
eert a ekil yzarc

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Waiting til midnight to get work, heh I'm right there with you. My artist is actually an friend I've known since high school. I pay in helping him out at the shop, getting supplies, getting him ordained, and in DVD's for his movie collection. I always just tell people how many hours, and his hourly charge and then his minimum for small stuff.

My first tats were not done by him. The first was a comprise in design, the second was the artist's first attempt at black wash. My buddy covered the first one, and fixed the second... and giving me an earful in the process. I keep needing to remember to put before and after photos in my wallet for the "price before ability" people.

hopefully I'll get back in the chair soon, I want my right leg finished.
Old 08-31-06, 02:42 PM
dutret has a posse

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ah, you to are the shop *****? "wanna clean my tubes?" are words i hope to never hear. ha.

i love 16 hour days at the shop. get there at 11, start getting work at 12, leave when his hands hurt too much to want to keep tattooing anymore.
Old 08-31-06, 02:54 PM
Biggity-bam

Bikes: Pista Concept, Fetish beater, Fuji road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm working on getting my first tattoo planned out right now, on the inside of my bicep. The only thing stopping me right now is my sweet grandmother. She told my dad that there were only two rules in her house," No tattoos, and no funny babies."

I know once I get my first on the inside of my bicep (It's going to be pretty large), I'm going to end up getting a half sleeve, because the first kinda breaks the dam.
Old 08-31-06, 02:59 PM
dutret has a posse

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
just get a tattoo of a funny baby.

ok, that was a joke. my gram is the sweetest lady ive ever met, and that being said, she is always very understanding in the decisions that i make. she wanted to hit me for my piercings, but she just smiled instead. im sure your grandmother is a sweet lady, but if you think she seriously wouldnt talk to you or allow you in her house, id say dont do it. i couldnt live with my gram being mad at me. damn, now i want to go back to new york and visit her.
Old 08-31-06, 03:41 PM
eert a ekil yzarc

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ah, you to are the shop *****? "wanna clean my tubes?" are words i hope to never hear. ha.

i love 16 hour days at the shop. get there at 11, start getting work at 12, leave when his hands hurt too much to want to keep tattooing anymore.
Shop B**ch, nah. I'm more old friend that will play a couple games of pool after a hard day of work. I help him clean tubes sure, but that usually happens when we are catching up or asking one another for advice. My buddy takes the equipment and cleaning seriously. "New friends" wanting to be a shop B**ch are limited to carrying the tray or stamping the packages if they are lucky. When I'm there and helping, I'm usually his barrier from the drunks rednecks, gangstas wanting the "praying hands that are different than the rest" and fake ID's.
Old 08-31-06, 03:44 PM
dutret has a posse

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ha. i just sit around and watch movies, order food, and every here and there clean tubes on busy days. either way, anybody working at the shop will refuse to deny that you are a shop ***** if you do any kind of work for free. ie- answering a customers questions, cleaning tubes, or running to rite aid to get drinks for the artists when youre going to get yourself a drink anyways. its really just the artists busting your balls more than anything.
Old 09-02-06, 11:46 AM
cripple

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i got my neck finished...

now i'm just itching for the blood to wash out of the gray...
Old 09-02-06, 12:37 PM
sweathogs

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
heres one of mine, i think its the best one for now.

Old 09-02-06, 04:32 PM

Bikes: badass ones

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
tight leafs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.