Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Longer, but flat or shorter, but hilly?

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Longer, but flat or shorter, but hilly?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-24, 07:40 PM
djb

Liked 1,044 Times in 854 Posts
Re steep hills and photos.
This photo just popped up on my Google photos thingee that out of the blue shows you photos from this date but from years past.
This photo came up just now, is from a short trip I did 12 years ago in Central America. This paved steep little section was near the town I have friends who live in, and I was out for a ride of a few hours.
I saw this and tried getting up it, and while I was getting over a bad cold, I just couldn't ride up it. Stupid steep, very typical central America local roads, it must have been 25, 30% and it was even hard getting foot traction walking up after I stalled....yet in the photo it doesn't show it really....

Funny coincidence Google popped it out to show me just now.