Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Can I put a rear rack on a Gios Torino Super Record?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Can I put a rear rack on a Gios Torino Super Record?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-24, 11:50 AM

Liked 1,912 Times in 1,060 Posts
Originally Posted by Alexthe
Yes I'm going to use a front randonneur , nothing fancy, just a 80's cannondale . As for a big seat bag what did you have in mind?
Lots of classic looking choices for saddle bags. I have one from Ostrich which I got for $5 at the local bike co-op. Rivendell sells some high end ones. Waxwing sells some beautiful handmade ones with custom color choices. You can get a Saddle bag support rack as well to keep the bag from rubbing on your seat stays and tire:

^Nitto R10

This is a much more 'classic' looking alternative than most of the other proposals
Likes For icemilkcoffee:
Old 05-12-24, 12:38 PM
Tinker-er

Bikes: 1956 Rudge Sports; 1983 Univega Alpina Uno; 1981 Miyata 610; 1973 Raleigh Twenty; 1994 Breezer Lightning XTR; V4 Yuba Mundo aka "The Schlepper"; 1987 Raleigh "The Edge" Mountain Trials; 1952 R.O. Harrison "Madison"

Liked 332 Times in 219 Posts
For the cleanest and least hassle installation/removal, the old Carradice bagman support is awesome. It is a single piece of chromed spring steel that is bent in such a way that it hooks onto the seat stays and remains in place due to weight of the bag on it.