Search
Notices
Mid-Atlantic Pennsylvania | Maryland | DC | Delaware | West Virginia | Virginia

PA representin' here!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-10, 11:56 AM
slightly unstable

Bikes: Soma Double Cross DC, Specialized Sirrus Sport (with drop bars),Trek Fuel EX 5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Any of you guys doing the PSP metric century this year?
Old 03-23-10, 03:12 PM
Double Naught Spy

Bikes: 2010 Scott CR1 Comp, 2013 Scott Scale 960 MTB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eddiejclayton
Any of you guys doing the PSP metric century this year?
It's a well run, and supported ride from what I've heard from others. Seems like I always have a conflicting ride on the same day, and this year's no different. Have fun, if you decide to go!
Old 03-23-10, 06:55 PM
slightly unstable

Bikes: Soma Double Cross DC, Specialized Sirrus Sport (with drop bars),Trek Fuel EX 5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TrekDen
It's a well run, and supported ride from what I've heard from others. Seems like I always have a conflicting ride on the same day, and this year's no different. Have fun, if you decide to go!
Yeah it is a pretty nice ride, I did it last year and the support was very good. Seemed to be well run.
Old 04-07-10, 05:00 PM
Should Be More Popular

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Liked 9,229 Times in 4,279 Posts
Looks like this fell off page 1....bump.

Anyone go out riding today?

It was beautiful, a gift from the cycling weather gods. I went out with my usual wednesday club ride gang...55 miles in beautiful chester county. Started off in the 60's but quickly warmed up to 80ish. It was an amazingly good day and a good ride. But with the heat I had to drink a lot more than usual, I went through 5 water bottles in just 3 hours!
Old 04-07-10, 08:25 PM
Double Naught Spy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Didn't get out today, but yesterday I did the clubs regular Tuesday evening ride. Pretty warm, but only 1 bottle downed in 26 miles. A new guy showed up, and it was his first group ride ever. Chatted with him a lot, and shared what little wisdom I could offer. I asked him what he thought about his experience at the rides end. He said he enjoyed it very much, and next time he won't forget to bring some water. I was like dude, why didn't you say something, most of us had 2 full bottles and only used 1. Any of us would have gladly given him our spare. Oh well, I bet he hit the first convenience store or drive thru he saw on his drive home.
Old 04-08-10, 09:11 PM
Chepooka

Bikes: 1990 Trek 1400 7spd; 2001 Litespeed Arenberg 10 speed

Liked 1,101 Times in 679 Posts
Originally Posted by eddiejclayton
Yeah it is a pretty nice ride, I did it last year and the support was very good. Seemed to be well run.
Thanks! I was responsible for one of the rest stops on the Mount Gretna loop. I believe I will be working the ride again this year.
Old 06-16-10, 09:22 PM
Cool Beans

Bikes: Raleigh Cadent

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
From Lancaster County, PA here. Pretty new to biking and just found this forum. Wanted to say hi!
Old 06-17-10, 03:58 AM

Liked 39 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by MangoPumpkin
From Lancaster County, PA here. Pretty new to biking and just found this forum. Wanted to say hi!
Howdy from Conshohocken in Montgomery County. Welcome to BF.

Some of the nicest rides I ever did were in Lancaster County. I'd love to get out there again.
Old 06-17-10, 06:20 AM
Cool Beans

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SPlKE
Howdy from Conshohocken in Montgomery County. Welcome to BF.

Some of the nicest rides I ever did were in Lancaster County. I'd love to get out there again.
Thanks Spike! Hello to you as well. I should also mention I just moved to PA from MD about 6 weeks ago, so not terribly familiar with the areas but I'm glad to be here.
Old 06-21-10, 09:43 AM
Carl722

I currently live in Warminster, PA Bucks County. New to the forum. I will be moving in little over a month to Oklahoma City. I wouldn't mind a ride though before I leave if anyone has a group in the area.

Old 06-21-10, 09:58 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'll be moving to Philadelphia this fall (from Albuquerque) with the bikes. Excited to ride a new city and explore! (plus it gives me an excuse to get a new bike, since neither of mine have clearance for full fenders :) I commute everyday, and try to get a couple good rides in before work during the week plus one on the weekend.
Old 06-24-10, 10:42 PM

Bikes: 2011 Scott Addict R3 and Redline Conquest with Campy Veloce

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Didn't get out today, but yesterday I did the clubs regular Tuesday evening ride. Pretty warm, but only 1 bottle downed in 26 miles. A new guy showed up, and it was his first group ride ever. Chatted with him a lot, and shared what little wisdom I could offer. I asked him what he thought about his experience at the rides end. He said he enjoyed it very much, and next time he won't forget to bring some water. I was like dude, why didn't you say something, most of us had 2 full bottles and only used 1. Any of us would have gladly given him our spare. Oh well, I bet he hit the first convenience store or drive thru he saw on his drive home.
Do you guys do group rides often? I might be able to go, but I lack the stamina right now because of a kidney transplant I had in January, so I don't really want to hold you all back.
Old 06-25-10, 04:32 AM
Double Naught Spy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eddiepliers
Do you guys do group rides often? I might be able to go, but I lack the stamina right now because of a kidney transplant I had in January, so I don't really want to hold you all back.
Western Pennsylvania Wheelmen

Yep, we have lots of group rides if you're ever in the area. Clubs link is above, and there is a ride calendar right on the front page. A lot of the weekend rides don't get posted until midweek. Keeps the calendar fresh, and gives ride leaders a chance to watch the weather.

Plenty of time to ride, so make your health the priority. Of course, I'm sure you know that already.

Good luck and good health,

Denny
Old 06-25-10, 07:12 PM

Bikes: 2011 Scott Addict R3 and Redline Conquest with Campy Veloce

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Western Pennsylvania Wheelmen

Yep, we have lots of group rides if you're ever in the area. Clubs link is above, and there is a ride calendar right on the front page. A lot of the weekend rides don't get posted until midweek. Keeps the calendar fresh, and gives ride leaders a chance to watch the weather.

Plenty of time to ride, so make your health the priority. Of course, I'm sure you know that already.

Good luck and good health,

Denny
I always thought of the wheelmen as a high end group, not a group that would also have rides for all groups... Thanks a lot and hopefully we'll be seeing each other sometime!
Old 06-25-10, 09:09 PM
Double Naught Spy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eddiepliers
I always thought of the wheelmen as a high end group, not a group that would also have rides for all groups... Thanks a lot and hopefully we'll be seeing each other sometime!
Naah! We have a bunch of no-drop recreation rides. It's about being out with others, and making sure everybody returns safely. There are always strong riders in any group, but we have a lot of regroup spots along the way.
Old 11-17-10, 05:33 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
From Berks County, PA...just want to say hi. I've been riding bikes of one form or another all my life. My home is within a mile of endless rural roads for the road bikes, and short drives to many awesome trails for the mtb. Anyone ever looking for a change of venue give a shout...always looking for new riding friends. 610.781.2600.
Old 11-17-10, 06:09 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes, I'm near Chambersburg, PA live in the sticks
Old 01-24-11, 01:01 PM
Cool Beans

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JacktheFlash
I think a lot of us live in the sticks Hi!
Old 02-11-11, 01:05 PM

Bikes: Specialized Stump Jumper (Stumpy), Scott Solace (Scotty), and 10 more

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JacktheFlash
Hey neighbor in the sticks. That's me right now ->
Old 02-13-11, 07:15 PM
Cool Beans

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Anyone hear anything for the Lancaster Covered Bridge ride?
Old 02-14-11, 06:09 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by torotech
Hey neighbor in the sticks. That's me right now ->
Hey neighbor, glad to make your aquantance. I haven't done much riding lately as the cold was a bit much, wont be much longer though. Sorry bout the spelling, lol
Old 02-18-11, 09:21 AM

Bikes: Scott S60

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just wanted to introduce myself to this discussion. Im Brandon from Pittsburgh (south hills, castle shannon). I got into road cycling 2 summers ago, but then I tore a ligament in my foot last spring and wasn't able to start riding again until fall, but then work had limited to riding. Now I have a new job, and riding will be a little easier, that is until my first child is born in May. I would like to join some group rides one of these days, but im sure it will have to wait until the baby is a little older.
Old 02-21-11, 08:57 AM
Double Naught Spy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hurley1718
Just wanted to introduce myself to this discussion. Im Brandon from Pittsburgh (south hills, castle shannon). I got into road cycling 2 summers ago, but then I tore a ligament in my foot last spring and wasn't able to start riding again until fall, but then work had limited to riding. Now I have a new job, and riding will be a little easier, that is until my first child is born in May. I would like to join some group rides one of these days, but im sure it will have to wait until the baby is a little older.
Hey another 'Burgher!! Welcome to the mix. Check out https://www.wpwbikeclub.org for some local group rides. Mark the calendar also for Pedal Pittsburgh on Sunday May 22, 2011
Old 02-21-11, 12:06 PM

Bikes: Scott S60

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pedal Pittsburgh, would be great, but that happens to be my wife's due date for our first child. So I think I will be a little busy! Thanks for the info.
Old 02-22-11, 06:24 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome Brandon from Pittsburgh, look forward to seeing you on a ride.
I've had enough weather and await spring with impatience.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.