Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

When will they ever learn

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

When will they ever learn

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-22, 05:45 PM
Banned

Bikes: RANS Stratus TerraTrike Tour II

Liked 1,057 Times in 636 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
Here's the thing, I talk to people all the time about their bents both on bf and irl. I don't think bents are for me for really good reasons that I've explained several times, but I'm a curious guy, and those people have been polite, patient and generous with their time.

Not a single one of them has been so rude, ignorant, and boorish as to tell me how they think I ride, call me a liar when their suppositions turned out to be wrong, suggest my bike was somehow obsolete, nor make stupid observations that demonstrated that they thought they knew a lot more about DF bikes than they actually did.

Your behavior has been inexcusable. You now have the nerve to suggest that all you've been advocating for is for people to augment their fleet of human powered vehicles. You've got wayyyyyyyyy too many posts that clearly have stated again and again that df bikes are awful and obsolete technologies to lie about what you've been pushing now.

You're literally the LAST person in the world that anyone on bf would turn to if they actually wanted to learn something about the differences between df and bents, largely because you are obviously completely ignorant and close-minded about how people actually do ride df bikes. Your credibility is squat, your accusations snide and stupid, and you have a victim complex that makes it actually impossible for you to rationally exchange information.

And the horse you rode in on.
My horse is NOT that kind of horse!!!

BTW I have noticed that if you dont follow lock step in conventional thinking when it comes to cycling, the people pointing that our are all lot like DF saddles, a pain in the ass!!!!!! They are closed minded, run with the herd, and totally unwilling to accept anything new.

BTW have you given up on your wooden rims yet**********?
Old 08-27-22, 05:52 PM
climber has-been

Bikes: Scott Addict R1, Felt Z1

Liked 4,091 Times in 2,016 Posts
Originally Posted by rydabent
Money talks and you cant prove the member of the UCI were not influenced by bike mfg at the time.
You can’t prove there isn’t a teapot orbiting the Sun between Mars and Jupiter. Therefore, your entire argument comes crumbling down.

Likes For terrymorse:
Old 08-27-22, 05:57 PM
Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Domane+, Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, ICE VTX WC

Liked 5,156 Times in 2,311 Posts
Thanks, I don't know about these. Are there leagues or circuit kind of events?

I know about the HPVA, but I was under the impression that's mostly record attempts rather than racing. Is that wrong?
I don’t follow much recumbent stuff anymore but I did just check the HPRA calendar at www.recumbents.com and it shows a racing weekend at Hawkeye Downs in Cedar Rapids, IA next month. They list numerous events over two days.

Last edited by Trsnrtr; 08-27-22 at 06:01 PM.
Likes For Trsnrtr:
Old 08-27-22, 07:10 PM

Liked 1,395 Times in 693 Posts
I would suggest that you are the one that doesnt know much bike history. It was when a bent broke the one hour time held by Egg, that the cycling community became unhinged about bents. Money talks and you cant prove the member of the UCI were not influenced by bike mfg at the time.
Incorrect, both in general and in particular; that's not to mention the 'logic' of the above statement. I've no interest in continuing this silly discourse. You will continue to hold your peculiar beliefs; I will continue to rely on my life-long study of and understanding of the history of cycling in general, and of the history of professional cycle racing and the UCI etc. That's all; I'm out of this ridiculous 'discussion'.
Old 08-27-22, 07:23 PM

Bikes: old ones

Liked 10,459 Times in 7,255 Posts

BTW I have noticed that if you dont follow lock step in conventional thinking when it comes to cycling, the people pointing that our are all lot like DF saddles, a pain in the ass!!!!!!
They are closed minded, run with the herd, and totally unwilling to accept anything new.
Likes For 3alarmer:
Old 08-27-22, 07:26 PM

Do you honestly think that UCI has the power to make popular types of bikes unpopular?
,,,they could outlaw saddles. But it would only create a new huge market for "adult" seat post designs.
Old 08-27-22, 07:31 PM

Likes For 3alarmer:
Old 08-27-22, 07:35 PM

...god forgive me if I ever attempt a bicycle speed record. I'm not even on Strava.
Old 08-27-22, 07:36 PM

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Liked 3,934 Times in 2,053 Posts
Eventually it all comes down to "I don't argue with Flat-Earthers."

Rydabent, so close to being what an old rider should be .... and such a perfect example of what an older human being should not be.

If I ever live somewhere where I can safely ride a trike, i will still offer to ride with him someday ... if he says this stuff on BF, imagine what he cut loose with while riding! I'd bring a recorder and extra batteries.

Oh, and Ryda ... 'bents aren't trikes and vice versa.

But the Earth is flat ... out where you ride.

Happy trails, no matter what you use to cover the distance.
Old 08-27-22, 08:20 PM
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Liked 13,232 Times in 6,797 Posts
Originally Posted by 3alarmer
Yes, it rather feels as if they've had plenty of time to catch on, and haven't. It can't all be Big Bike.

Speaking of Big Bike....

Hey, so we ride Diamond Frame bikes, but clearly some people don't like it, so are they Conflict Diamond Frames?

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey:
Old 08-27-22, 08:21 PM
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Originally Posted by Maelochs

Rydabent, so close to being what an old rider should be .... and such a perfect example of what an older human being should not be.
We should all get off his lawn.

Likes For genejockey:
Old 08-27-22, 08:24 PM
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Do you honestly think that UCI has the power to make popular types of bikes unpopular?
I feel like we're in danger of crossing the streams....

Old 08-27-22, 10:40 PM
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Liked 9,103 Times in 5,054 Posts
My horse is NOT that kind of horse!!!

BTW I have noticed that if you dont follow lock step in conventional thinking when it comes to cycling, the people pointing that our are all lot like DF saddles, a pain in the ass!!!!!! They are closed minded, run with the herd, and totally unwilling to accept anything new.

BTW have you given up on your wooden rims yet**********?

I'm taking this completely incoherent response as you admitting you can't defend anything you've ever said on the subject.

Why are you using the ancient technology of wheels? Caterpillar drives are much more modern.

I can't use a bent because anything that requires me to brace my lower back against a seat is going to hurt me due to an injury. I don't have an open mind about that.
Old 08-27-22, 10:45 PM
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

If I ever live somewhere where I can safely ride a trike, i will still offer to ride with him someday ... if he says this stuff on BF, imagine what he cut loose with while riding! I'd bring a recorder and extra batteries.

I couldn't imagine a worse social situation than listening to his oral flatulence in person.
Old 08-27-22, 10:50 PM
Tragically Ignorant

Originally Posted by genejockey
I feel like we're in danger of crossing the streams....

Still waiting for him to show us the UCI-sanctioned ebike and beach cruiser races.
Old 08-28-22, 12:08 AM

Likes For 3alarmer:
Old 08-28-22, 06:13 AM
Tragically Ignorant

Originally Posted by 3alarmer

You realize that the stick was invented in 25000 b.c.e., right? Definitely should be replaced with the telescoping wheel jammer.
​​​
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 08-28-22, 08:23 AM
Banned

Bikes: RANS Stratus TerraTrike Tour II

Liked 1,057 Times in 636 Posts

Flat earth doest exist. If it did, cats would have knocked everything off by now.
Old 08-28-22, 08:28 AM

Liked 10,218 Times in 4,955 Posts
Back in '34 there is a 99.993% chance that the UCI members took money under the table from some bike mfg, because they had so much invested in DF jigs and fixtures. If they had to start producing bents, they would need all new machinery.!!!!
This is some of the silliest crap you have ever posted. Have you ever built a frame? Ever seen it done? Ever been to a frame shop?
Likes For big john:
Old 08-28-22, 02:00 PM

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Liked 3,934 Times in 2,053 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
This is some of the silliest crap you have ever posted. Have you ever built a frame? Ever seen it done? Ever been to a frame shop?
Dude ... are you trying to use ... logic?

LOLOLOL ....

Tools for jobs, friend. Logic is Not the best tool in this situation .... not even a marginally effective tool. Not even recognized as existing.

In certain threads .... if you are making sense you are wasting time.
Old 08-28-22, 02:15 PM

Dude ... are you trying to use ... logic?

LOLOLOL ....

Tools for jobs, friend. Logic is Not the best tool in this situation .... not even a marginally effective tool. Not even recognized as existing.

In certain threads .... if you are making sense you are wasting time.
I'm known to beat my head against the wall at times.
Old 08-28-22, 02:23 PM
Tragically Ignorant

He's actually claiming that manufacturers were afraid of creating demand for a new product at the worst of the Great Depression when the worst economic problem was the lack of demand for much of anything.
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 08-28-22, 02:24 PM
Should Be More Popular

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Liked 9,573 Times in 4,427 Posts
Stop Making Sense.

Likes For datlas:
Old 08-28-22, 02:29 PM

I'm known to beat my head against the wall at times.
...you're probably one of those people who just cannot resist putting a stick in your front wheel. You should ride a recumbent.
Old 08-28-22, 02:30 PM

He's actually claiming that manufacturers were afraid of creating demand for a new product at the worst of the Great Depression when the worst economic problem was the lack of demand for much of anything.
He'd never write anything so innocuous. If he's not advancing some conspiracy theory then he's insulting anyone who doesn't do what he does.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.