View Single Post
Old 06-04-07, 07:19 PM
djSlvt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How to fine tune your bike?

So, djSlvt got his bike today. UPS ship it to me. I put it together, and rode it. My first bike ride in over 11 years. It took me a few to get my balance right, but I got it. Suprisingly, my butt, legs, and breathing feel ok. It is my arms that hurt. My bicepts fell the road, I have carbon fiber fork, sluminum frame, lightwheight racing wheel and hi pressure tires. The bike can go 30 easily, if I can shift it right, that's what I need to learn now...

To hit the road with traffic, 4 or 5 lane highways here. I need water, and lots of it, and then I need to learn how to shift, and then I need to get my balance perfect.

So here is what I need now. How to fine tune the bike. AKA fit it to me as much as possible with what I got. And then fine tune derailers and brakes, and also handle bar angle and sit height.

Help me out, I need some videos.

On a side here. Do I need SPD shoes? I got SPD pedals, and regular shoes, rides alright.

Oh and another thing. How much tire pressure? Sidewall say 125 MAX. On cars we don't put what max tire pressure says on the tire, because that's MAX, above that tire begins to bulge and is unsafe. How much pressure? In PSI.