Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Total knee replacement

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Total knee replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-24, 11:23 PM

Bikes: One of each: Road, Hybrid, Trekking

Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Jtmav
sounds like a smart plan. Does the ROM bike have resistance settings as well? One thing l learned is that recovering from a surgical wound is certainly different from rebuilding muscle. Speaking for myself the “no pain no gain” attitude is something I grew up with. These were my first major surgeries so my PT was helpful in understanding the difference. I’ve ridden three times in the past week or so, 12, 16 and 20 miles and while I’m happy with the distances the speed and my overall fitness level have a ways to go. Six months of very little activity takes its toll on my 72 year old body. Thanks for your insights. Stay well.
Direct Connect ROM bike is an interactive bike There are 5 programmed sessions a day for three weeks. It’s a rental and Medicare pays for 3.weeks if your surgeon prescribes. The program levels up during thec3 weeks to increase strength a bit. Resistance adjustment is programmed. You can feel the resistance change during the “ride”— it’s not especially hard, imho.