Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

On-the-bike chain cleaner recommendations?

Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Old 01-26-02, 12:04 AM
Just ride.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

My Park chain cleaner broke during the last chain cleaning, and I'm looking for a replacement. I know there's at least one other out there (Bibox?). Does anybody have any suggestions, recommendations, or warnings about a product they've tried?
Old 01-26-02, 08:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have no experience with the Bibox, but have used the Finishline, and Pedro's. I am currently using the Pedro's and it seems to work very well. I like the Finishline model also, but it didn't hold up (I felt the case was kindof flimsy). I liked the fact that replacement brushes were available for it since the brushes didn't hold up from the cleaner.

I don't think brushes can be replaced in the Pedro's unit, but I did some research before I purchased it, and most reviews were favorable.

Serottalt
Old 01-26-02, 03:07 PM
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I own a Bibox. Big waste of $20, if you ask me. I never use it anymore.
Old 01-30-02, 05:32 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey Roadbuzz have you tried to contact Park directly? I did once and they were real good about replacing broken parts -- FREE! I had worn parts on my repair stand. This was awhile back but perhaps they still do this. Tell them you own a ton of Park tools and favor their products over all others!!
Old 01-31-02, 03:47 AM
Donating member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I use a Barberri (sp?), it seems okay, but I've only used a few times, and as I'm terrible at over lubing my experiences might not be the most reliable. The chain's certainly cleaner when it's been through the machine, but I like to take it off and give it a really thorough clean every so often. I got mine for about £7 UK (10 -11 US$ ? ) from www.probikekit.com, they've probably still got them, but I don't know what stateside shipping is like (still you could always buy enough bits to make it more economic ).

Richard