Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

New Project Bianchi

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

New Project Bianchi

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-07, 12:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
New Project Bianchi

(click for more. pics are from the auction.)

I just picked up this frameset on ebay (thanks divineAndbright). When it was originally listed I didn't have the funds secured to use BIN but I contacted the seller to see if he would hold if for a few weeks if it didn't sell; giving me time to make sure everything was in order. Well it went unsold and I got my end figured out. I contacted the seller and asked him to re-list (I covered listing fee) so I could use a coupon that I got in my email. The coupon was only supposed to be 20% off $100 which was the cost of the frame before shipping. The coupon actually worked on the entire total of ~$160 saving me $32. Totally made my day!

This is the bike that prompted my celeste spray paint thread.

I'm going to replace the fork with something chrome and put my 7400 Dura Ace STI group on it. I am up in the air about saddle bar tape combos. I can't deside if I want to go with Brooks Team Pro/Velo Orange leather wrap or Blue Airone or
similar and matching tape.

I really wanted this frame because it has the same geometry and dimentions as the Premio that I built up with Shimano 600. I am stupid for ever selling that bike.

Last edited by yellowjeep; 12-06-07 at 12:06 PM.
Old 12-06-07, 04:08 AM
Si se Puede!!!....Ahuevo!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Sweet!! Can't wait to see it built up. Just out of curiousity, how much did you let the Bianchi with shimano 600 go for?
Old 12-06-07, 07:37 AM

Bikes: 85 bianchi stelvio, 80s Rossi, 80s Fiori modena

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It should look good, based on the job you did on the Premio, which is one awesome looking bike. I dont think I will ever get rid of mine even though its stock.
Old 12-06-07, 12:16 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gr23932
Sweet!! Can't wait to see it built up. Just out of curiousity, how much did you let the Bianchi with shimano 600 go for?
Well the 600 got stripped of its parts to build up another frame which got sold as a complete (also stupid). The frame became an eno hub fixed gear conversion and my main mode of transport to work. Broke the frame down for no particular reason and sold it and the eno wheel. I think I got like 150 for the frame, and another 450 for the other bike with 600.