Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Clyde and Athena Cycling Clothing Database and Exchange-Pass it on when it's too big!

Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Clyde and Athena Cycling Clothing Database and Exchange-Pass it on when it's too big!

Old 11-07-07, 08:19 AM
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...CrDH-T0T_LyJfw

I'll keep this as up to date as I can.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

Last edited by Tom Stormcrowe; 07-19-08 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-09-08, 08:29 AM
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

The Clyde's and Athena's Clothing Exchange ( A Pass it along thread)

Have that cycling gear you've shrunk out of? If you want to pass it along, this is the place to do it. This is a freebie thread though......shipping cost only.

If you place something here for passing along, then after it's gone, delete your post. All arrangements need to be done in PM, by the way.

Old 02-12-08, 10:06 PM
Squirrel

Bikes: Borthwick Touring bike, 83 Schwinn Peloton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, ?? Bianchi Torino

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Good thread, Tom!

I have some bike shoes, size 39. Brand: Diadora Lombardinos

They are not* clipless shoes! They are made for toeclips. They have the nice rigid bottom on them, with a yellow slot for track pedals, but you don't need track pedals. Never worn, as I think they are a small 39. I also think my feet spread and now I wear a 40. Anyway. PM me if you want them.
Old 02-16-08, 01:48 PM
Air
Destroyer of Wheels

Bikes: Surly LHT, Dahon folding bike. RIP Nishiki Sport, Downtube IXNS, 1950's MMB3 Russian Folding Bike, MTB

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
I know OT but what about combining this thread and the Clothing DB. It's getting sticky cluttered again and since the clothing db is one post it can always be the first one with all other posts being swap related (since you'll be trimming anyway).

It's the year of the enema!
Old 02-16-08, 02:07 PM

Not a bad idea,Air! Done

Old 02-16-08, 03:15 PM
Air
Destroyer of Wheels

Bikes: Surly LHT, Dahon folding bike. RIP Nishiki Sport, Downtube IXNS, 1950's MMB3 Russian Folding Bike, MTB

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Woot! I like the service around here

It's the year of the enema!
Old 02-16-08, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Quoted: 12172 Post(s)
Liked 1,483 Times in 1,096 Posts
Ibex has a couple things in their 3x which is 50-52. Smartwool has a couple things in 2x which is prob about the same as the Ibex 3x

https://www.smartwool.com/default.cfm#/Mens/Apparel/Tops/StyleCollection/2181/?title=Official%20Site:%20%20SmartWool%C2%AE%20feels%20good.%20(%20Product:%20Men's%20Synergy%20Zip% 20Pullover%20)
Old 02-22-08, 07:02 AM
Ride it like you stole it

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale EVO Ultegra Di2, Pedal Force Aeroblade, Rue Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Add Zerie to the list. I have purchased a few jerseys from them. They are reasonably priced and have larger sizes. There are only a few items in their list but what they have is well made and functional too.

www.zerieusa.com
www.zerie.com
Old 04-02-08, 09:57 PM

It also occurs to me that trades could be done here. If you have clothing too small and need a larger size, you could arrange to do a swap here as well. No cash sales, though as that's reserved to the marketplace, but item for item trades can be done.

Old 04-06-08, 07:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Please consider adding love2pedal.com to you DB of big boy bikewear. True 3X, 4X and 5X jerseys and shorts. Nice stuff. Neil
Old 04-06-08, 08:36 PM

done

Old 04-12-08, 05:13 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You've got love2pedal's address wrong. Its love2pedal.com. I just ordered some bibs, so we'll see how they work out. Also, consiter adding Sierra Trading Post (sierratradingpost.com). They may not allways have clyde sized stuff as they do overstocks, closeouts, ect (they've got quite a bit right now), but you can usually find 10-25% off coupons plus you can almost allways get free shipping by answering a trivia question. They are found in their catologs, but you can find the current answers at fatwallet.com.
Old 04-12-08, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Quoted: 12172 Post(s)
Liked 1,483 Times in 1,096 Posts
The cycling brands Sierra carries are never American sizing. I like Sierra, but
they get the 'usual suspects' and a clyde is never getting into that.

You know what would be cool? If we had a database of brands on how their sizing ran.
Of course, not all brands are consistent. But there are trends. Pearl Izumi does have some 2X stuff I
can use. So does Beans. I think the Beans cycling jersey runs a bit large. If you don't have a big gut you can get away with an XL> I have never seen a soft shell that was larger than a XL even if the label said 2X.
The Euro brands run a few sizes small. Giordana runs a couple sizes small. Ibex runs a size small. Sugoi shirts run a size or two small, but I have a 2x
cycling pant by them which fits and is fantastic. Velowear runs small. I have a couple of their 2X jerseys I liked too much to
send back. Maybe someday I can wear them. Some of the Smartwool 2X base layers work, but others are a bit small and short.

Last edited by late; 04-12-08 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-12-08, 06:41 PM

Bikes: 2007 Bianchi Via Nirone

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by late
You know what would be cool? If we had a database of brands on how their sizing ran.

Sizing Charts
Old 05-08-08, 06:43 AM

Bikes: 2006 Cannondale CAAD8

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
gone

Last edited by Jynx; 06-02-08 at 05:45 AM.
Old 06-09-08, 12:39 PM
Clyde the Glide

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
done.

Last edited by lgravityh; 06-09-08 at 02:31 PM.
Old 06-11-08, 07:14 PM
Newbie Bearoness

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Living Large XL and Junonia

Two locations livingxl.com and junonia.com are pretty good for general items for larger folks.

Living Large XL, has great items including camp stools and folding chairs that hold way more than 200 pounds. Some special bike seats that may be handy or not. Their hats and helmuts are designed for larger heads too. livingxl.com

Junonia.com is primarily for women sizes 14 and higher. But there's no reason guys couldn't consider some of their items. Their sizes are very well documented. Guys may like their padded bike shorts or regular bike shorts. They should be pretty unisex for some items. Their service is out of this world and their stuff lasts forever! The quikwik and antimicrobial stuff might be of benefit depending on some folks personal preferences or needs. Is that polite enough??? Also, some of their shorts, including padded bike short shorts, tend to not have an inner thigh seam to avoid chafing. junonia.com

I've been doing the swimming thing, but with fuel price direction, decided I could get extra exercise using a bicycle. Will be restoring my brother's old circa-1970 schwinn 10-speed to see if I can get into bicycling again. I have way more experience with stationary bikes! Also have some knee stuff, so figure I can trek my errands and back and forth to pool and accomplish two goals at once.
Old 06-27-08, 02:16 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anyone know how fox sizes run? I'm looking to buy my first jersey, there is a Fox base sleeveless jersey in slate blue or red on performancebike.com. It is a loose looking fit, only $17.50. It's an XL, what I wear in T-shirts.
Old 07-07-08, 11:08 AM

Bikes: 2014 pinnarello FP Due, 1990 Pinarrello Triveso, 2007 Fuji Cross Comp, 1984 Trek 520

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
gone

Last edited by alhanson; 07-07-08 at 12:30 PM. Reason: added text
Old 07-19-08, 04:15 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello,

You list lovetopedal.com in your clothing database. But the correct url is www.love2pedal.com

I got a $5 coupon with my last order. It is good for $5 off any order (no minimum). You just enter CPZA into the code box during the checkout. Its good until the end of Sept.

Neil
Old 07-19-08, 04:19 PM

Thanks for the catch Neil1966, I have it corrected.

Old 07-20-08, 12:24 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It kinda looks as though you are doing some product placement here. I have to say, Under Armour's "Heat Gear" is just awesome. Super breathable, lightweight, and decently priced. The shorts go up to 2XL which will fit a 46" waist, and the shirts go up to 3XL and come in a wide variety of colors, styles, and patterns. https://www.underarmour.com/shop/mens/gearline/heatgear for the women, it's womens/gearline/heatgear

~~Moderator - Delete this post if you feel this doesn't fit the topic~~

Last edited by milehile; 07-20-08 at 12:28 AM.
Old 08-19-08, 09:42 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'd like to trade some athena cycling clothing, I have some junonia 4x things that I thought I could make work, since I like things loose, but they are just too big even for me. If someone has some 2x or 3x stuff I'd like to trade
vickie
Old 09-15-08, 10:29 PM

Bikes: Trek Portland

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I bought a bunch of stuff from Sierra trading. Only to find out the hard way about the midget sizes. Here is my latest bike suit that my wife custom made to fit.

Old 09-23-08, 07:18 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by djwright
I bought a bunch of stuff from Sierra trading. Only to find out the hard way about the midget sizes. Here is my latest bike suit that my wife custom made to fit.

I assume that's for riding in the winter? Very nice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.