Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Review: Shimano M225 MTB Shoe

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-07, 06:42 AM
pedal head

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

These shoes are awesome. I have owned 5 different pairs of SPD type shoes and none have even come close. I have been on these shoes for about 100 miles now and have no complaints.

The platform is solid as a rock and featured metal capped toe spikes for uphill runs. The closure system consists of two velcro straps as well as a well built ratcheting system that provided secure fine tuned adjustment. Because of the design of the ratchet strap, a secure fit can be obtained without the need to choke off your foot and circulation.

Having wide feet, it has always been a challenge to accommodate a secure fit that didn't bind the foot uncomfortable. I got these shoes in the "wide" size and felt like Cinderella when she put on the glass slipper (YES, I know that was a lame comparison.

Now it's time to plug Nashbar where I got these on sale and with free shipping. Less that $100 to my front door for an elite shoe.
Old 05-09-07, 04:13 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
just curious: how wide are your feet? as in letter sizing or something. and do the shoes come in different widths?

my feet are rather wide as well and im looking for a shoe that wont destroy them.
Old 05-09-07, 04:32 PM
pedal head

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think mine are EE, but not positive. When I buy New Balances, the 2E's fit right and the 4E's are definitely too big.

The Shimano's are available in regular and wide.
Old 05-09-07, 04:52 PM
DNPAIMFB

Bikes: Titus El Guapo, Misfit diSSent, Cervelo Soloist Carbon, Wabi Lightning, et al.

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've got those too! I picked mine up on sale at the start of last season. A buddy bought some the day before. We're so cool...