Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Jiminy Peak Road Race (Mass Roll Call

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-07, 07:27 AM
unaangalia nini?

Bikes: Jamis Quest (Ultegra components,Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels and Reynods Ouzo Pro Fork), Gary Fisher Tassajara

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

O.K Who is either participating in this or going to watch?
https://www.berkshirecycling.org/races/jiminy.php

I've never really been to watch a road bike race live so I am heading out there early saturday morning (I am near Boston).
Old 05-04-07, 07:28 AM
Nonsense

Bikes: Affirmative

Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Liked 541 Times in 237 Posts
I'll be there riding in the 3's.

Have fun!
Old 05-04-07, 07:29 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'll be there. In fact I'm leaving for there this afternoon.

Last edited by bitterken; 05-04-07 at 07:42 AM.
Old 05-04-07, 08:21 AM
Realist

Bikes: Roubaix, Tarmac, Fixed Gear

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
I'm registered but currently sitting in the Orlando airport after a 10 day absence from home. I don't think I should rush home and dash away for the day and then fly back to Orlando on Sunday for another week's absense...After all the Mrs thinks I am coming home to see her.

Should I contact the organizers today and let them know that I won't be there in case someone else wants a slot?
Old 05-04-07, 08:56 AM
Used to be a climber..

Bikes: 2016 Ridley Fenix SL, 2020 Trek Emonda ALR (rim brake)

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
I'll be there....I started a thread in the Racing forum, but this one seems more popular.....

Cat 4/5 Open. I'll be the guy in the plain red/black jersey with "ASSOS" in big letters on my mediocre/small-sized thighs, on the ugly blue Trek 2500.

Heading over to Granville, MA tonight (have a seasonal campsite up there), and will be heading up early Saturday morning to hang out and veg a bit before the race.

BTW, I rode once this week, and had pizza 3 days this week. Looks like everything is on target for yet another non-group finish
Old 05-04-07, 08:59 AM
I can't find my pants

Bikes: 07 Specialized Langster Comp,06 Kona King Zing, 06 Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc; 03 LOOK KG461;(destroyed by suv); 85 Panasonic Team America; 73 Peugeot U0-8; 94 Balance Super B BMX; 04 Diamondback Outlook MTB, Diamondback DBR DH

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by GuitarWizard
I'll be there....I started a thread in the Racing forum, but this one seems more popular.....

Cat 4/5 Open. I'll be the guy in the plain red/black jersey with "ASSOS" in big letters on my mediocre/small-sized thighs, on the ugly blue Trek 2500.

Heading over to Granville, MA tonight (have a seasonal campsite up there), and will be heading up early Saturday morning to hang out and veg a bit before the race.

BTW, I rode once this week, and had pizza 3 days this week. Looks like everything is on target for yet another non-group finish
If you need anything beforehand, stop by Gravity Warehouse in Southwick (the shop I work at ). There's ice cream across the street, too. No wonder I'm a bit chubbier than usual
Old 05-04-07, 09:00 AM
Used to be a climber..

Bikes: 2016 Ridley Fenix SL, 2020 Trek Emonda ALR (rim brake)

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
You work at the shop, next to the pet store, and across from Summer House? The place that sells all Specialized stuff?
Old 05-04-07, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

Bikes: Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 612 Posts
Originally Posted by baiskeli
O.K Who is either participating in this or going to watch?
https://www.berkshirecycling.org/races/jiminy.php

I've never really been to watch a road bike race live so I am heading out there early saturday morning (I am near Boston).
If you're going to watch, bring a book .... much different than watching criteriums.
Old 05-05-07, 09:05 PM
unaangalia nini?

Bikes: Jamis Quest (Ultegra components,Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels and Reynods Ouzo Pro Fork), Gary Fisher Tassajara

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Homebrew01
If you're going to watch, bring a book .... much different than watching criteriums.
I wish I had taken this advice before going

It was actually fun. I arrived too late for the start so I perched myself on the finishing hill and took random photos (will post link once they finish uploading to Flickr). Since there were quite a few groups going at the same time and they were taking multiple laps peloton seemed to pass by every 10 minutes.

I think I have now been bitten by the racing bug and hopefully I will enter one in about a month and a half (once I have more miles in my leg). I suspect I'm gonna get my butt kicked 7 ways to sunday.. but what the heck, it looked like fun.
Old 05-07-07, 07:41 AM
unaangalia nini?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Random Photos
https://www.flickr.com/photos/6653294...7600182871014/