Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Let's hear your Weekend Ride Plans!

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-06, 06:10 AM
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

Mrs Stormcrowe and I are going to head out Saturday Morning and do a 25-50 miler!

A little on the short side for me, but Mrs Stormcrowe is just getting up some distance stamina now!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant
Old 10-05-06, 07:12 AM
Pro wheelbuilder UK

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Heading to the bike shop to have a natter with the crew there and then up into the Hills to a nice little cafe on the edge of the moors on my old Marin Pine Mountain. I had a crash a year ago when I ripped all my shoulder ligaments so I've been off the bike and put on 2 stone!! Not ready to go on the road bike yet so put a high stem on the MTB to take the strain off the neck. Used to do 200miles a week but now down to 60. Watch out for hidden stumps in undergrowth, they hurt.
Old 10-05-06, 07:39 AM
Weapons grade stupidity

Bikes: Univega Sportour & Cadillac RLE 1.8

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I've got a 50 mile charity ride this Saturday (assuming I can get up in time to make it's 7 AM start...) -- we'll play it by ear from there.
Old 10-05-06, 09:57 AM
Chubby super biker

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Going riding with a group of friends Saturday morning before I have to be in a wedding (that afternoon). Should be a nice 26 miler, not a lot of excitement, but some GREAT scenery!
Old 10-05-06, 10:21 AM
jcm
Gemutlichkeit

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
82 miler planned for Sunday. The leaves are changing quickly and this will be a particularly beautiful ride in the back country of Snohomish County. I'll be taking my trusty old Trek 830 mtb all set up for distance work. Kicks off the training for a ride in Austria, Czhech Republic, and Hungary this coming May (I hope).
Old 10-05-06, 10:28 AM
Mad scientist w/a wrench

Bikes: none working atm

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
weather and the planned purchase of a new bike permitting, I think I may ride 15 or 20 to a nearby town where a friend lives and see how much he laughs at my biking outfit, then head back. I just haven't been getting as many weekend miles as I'd like to...probably the computer's fault.
Old 10-05-06, 12:33 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'm just getting my bike back this week, so I might do a metric or full century.
Old 10-05-06, 03:34 PM
Huachuca Rider

Bikes: Fuji CCR1, Specialized Roubaix

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Probably a couple of 40-milers.
Old 10-05-06, 04:12 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've had the itch for a longer ride, I usually just do my commute. I am thinking a 25-30mi round trip to wherever. Probably just out toward Pyramid lake. Its desolate, straight, and very few stop lights. Just the way I like it
Old 10-05-06, 05:29 PM
Crawlin' up, flyin' down

Bikes: 1967 Paramount; 1982-ish Ron Cooper; 1978 Eisentraut "A"; two mid-1960s Cinelli Speciale Corsas; and others in various stages of non-rideability.

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 1021 Post(s)
Liked 2,513 Times in 1,051 Posts
Sunday - 40-45 miler, give or take, with a good friend of 40 years' standing. He's a good guy, even if he isn't a Clyde.

Saturday - Probably not too much as I am obligated to help at a school fund-raiser. I'm hoping to sneak away for at least something short, though.
Old 10-05-06, 05:46 PM
Perma-Clyde

Bikes: Trek Hybrid 7200

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
No weekend riding for me. Tis the time to refuel the tank.
Old 10-05-06, 06:57 PM
Dolce far niente

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 14 Posts
Doing The Grizzly century.

100 miles and 10,000' of climbing. Sure hope I finish.......

S. J. Perelman
Old 10-05-06, 07:01 PM
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Originally Posted by bigbossman

Pace yourself, hydrate and watch thise sugars, Bossman! You'll finish! I consulted a Gypsy fortuneteller and she assured me that is the case!

Old 10-05-06, 07:16 PM

Bikes: Cannondale T800, Cannondale ST400, Trek 520

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Doing a 300 miler, actually driving to the Mecum Collector Car auction in St. Charles Ill. Best leave the credit card at home this trip. Guy I know has his car on the block so we're going there to see if it meets his reserve price and party if it does.

Trek 930
1988 Cannondale ST400
Old 10-05-06, 07:28 PM

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac Pro, 1984 Raleigh Gran Prix

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Taking a group of students to do complementary massage at the Spaghetti 100, a century/metric ride here in north florida.
Old 10-05-06, 07:30 PM
Muscle bike design spec

Bikes: 70 Atala Record Proffesional, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, 76 Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 OutRiderUSA HyperLite

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Seagull Century! And yes, they are calling for 100% rain.
Old 10-05-06, 08:59 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 8266 Post(s)
Liked 9,000 Times in 4,456 Posts

Everyone raves about that ride, I think you'll love it. Don't forget your inhaler.
Old 10-05-06, 09:03 PM

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, 1989 Nishiki International, Specialized Stumpjumer M2 Hardtail, ProFlex 856 Full Suspension

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is setting up to be a perfect fall weekend. Wife and kids are leaving to visit my in-laws, and the only plan I have is that I'll ride Saturday, Sunday and Monday, the weather is going to be 65 degrees, no winds and not a cloud in the sky. I'll roll out of the house sometime in the mid to late afternoon, ride as much as I can, wherever I feel like riding, no route just see where the road takes me. I'll probably get in over 100 miles for the three days, but if I don't, who cares. I'll ride as long as I want, stop when I want, and, if this weekend were to be truly perfect, hopefully be sitting in Yankee Stadium Sunday night for Game 5 of the Yankees/ Tigers.

Without a doubt my favorite time of the year to ride, with the leaves starting to change color, the air crisp, and the weekend to myself. Nothing like a late fall afternoon ride around the lakes, reservoirs, rivers and horse farms where I live. You may be able to match it, but you won't be able to beat it.
Old 10-05-06, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Doid23
This is setting up to be a perfect fall weekend. Wife and kids are leaving to visit my in-laws, and the only plan I have is that I'll ride Saturday, Sunday and Monday, the weather is going to be 65 degrees, no winds and not a cloud in the sky. I'll roll out of the house sometime in the mid to late afternoon, ride as much as I can, wherever I feel like riding, no route just see where the road takes me. I'll probably get in over 100 miles for the three days, but if I don't, who cares. I'll ride as long as I want, stop when I want, and, if this weekend were to be truly perfect, hopefully be sitting in Yankee Stadium Sunday night for Game 5 of the Yankees/ Tigers.

Without a doubt my favorite time of the year to ride, with the leaves starting to change color, the air crisp, and the weekend to myself. Nothing like a late fall afternoon ride around the lakes, reservoirs, rivers and horse farms where I live. You may be able to match it, but you won't be able to beat it.
Absolutely agree with you here! I love riding this time of year myself! I just wish Mrs Stormcrowe was a little further along the stamina road, we'd be doing the Hilly Hndred down in Southern Indiana this weekend if she were!

Old 10-05-06, 09:12 PM
Closet Bike-a-holic

Bikes: '02 Cannondale R700 Road Warrior

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Riding with Senor Armstrong in Austin, TX!!

www.friscocycling.com

www.hopefellowship.net
Old 10-05-06, 10:18 PM
Legs of Steel

Bikes: Pegoretti Marcelo, Cannondale six13

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Doing the Leaves of Lincoln Century in Tennessee.

Second Century in as many months and I'm aiming to finish under 6 hours as my last century I finished in 5hrs 39 minutes with half the amount of climbing as this one.
Old 10-06-06, 02:08 AM
Perma-Clyde

Bikes: Trek Hybrid 7200

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

My knees hurt just thinking about it. Please post back and let us know what you thought.
Old 10-06-06, 04:52 AM

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom Stormcrowe
Mrs Stormcrowe and I are going to head out Saturday Morning and do a 25-50 miler!

A little on the short side for me, but Mrs Stormcrowe is just getting up some distance stamina now!
Hoping to get in a ride each day of the looong weekend, here in Canada, not sure of distance, but there are a couple of places my camera and I would like to check out. Still need to get some better tires!

Still trying to get my Mrs. to not think I am a complete nutbar for even getting on a bike Thing is, she always complains about needing to lose a few pounds, and how a diet would leave her with a spoon of bird seed and a hunk of rabbit food.

This is the first time I have been here all week, been busy either in the fume room, processing film or scanning the images into the computer.

For the rest of you canuck clydes, happy Thanksgiving!
Old 10-06-06, 05:54 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
I did my 120 miles of commuter miles this week. Tommorow I fill in for someone and will do another 24 miles of commuter riding then on Sunday I will ride the Ayer/Groton rail trail (around 22 miles) for some leaf peaping. My neighbor usually gets me out in the woods for a MBT ride at some point durring the weekend so that is unplanned.
Old 10-06-06, 09:08 AM

Bikes: '06 Specialized Roubiax Expert, '08 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp 29, Nishiki frame

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm headed to Salisbury, MD to participate in my third Seagull century. Unfortunately, the weather looks rainy & windy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.