View Single Post
Old 04-07-03, 08:26 AM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I think we're getting lost on the origin of the post- Ivana lost her beautiful bike, and she needs people to keep their eyes out for it... so ANYONE in the SF area, keep an eye out for her bike. Ivana, I'd check pawn shops, put up flyers with pictures of the bike, comb the bike shops and leave flyers there, and just take like an hour a day to canvass the area and talk to people. With intense pressure like this, the bike may resurface.

If it doesn't, at least you have the insurance to cover replacing the bike, even though some of the accessories will be a bit difficult to come by. Is there any way you can get your insurance company to up the ante so that you can order the parts from abroad and get your spare parts?

Finally, people have different opinions about bike paths vs. road riding. If you are comfortable with riding on the streets, paths will not work as well for you. If you don't like riding with cars and accepting the risks that may come with it, bike paths are a great alternative for you. Personally, I could stand to ride in the street or the paths. Sometimes, paths are more convenient for my goals, and sometimes, the streets are the way to go for me. I just get the feeling that debating which one is better for this thread takes away from the original, more pertinent goal of this thread- getting Ivana's bike back.

Having said all this, I really wish you luck on getting your bike back. I wish I could be there in SF with you, because I'd be passing out flyers right there with you, and I'd be keeping my eye out for that bike... and I'd open the biggest can of whup @ss on whomever has your bike when it is found. Don't forget to keep the pressure on the police so that if the bike is found, they will be able to return the bike to you- if you have a police department that has police who cycle the streets of SF, you may be able to get more sympathy from them, so approach them first about your bike. They cover a lot of ground when they're out there all day on their bikes patrolling the city.

Good luck, and please let us know if you ever get your bike back!

Koffee