View Single Post
Old 04-06-03, 04:35 AM
fietser_ivana

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You'd be surprised, but in general, I sincerely DISLIKE bikepaths.. too much bike apartheid for my liking. Which is one of the reasons why I came to the USA.
Not just better weather, more hills to climb but also the FREEDOM to ride where I want.
Except that there seem to be some real redheads out on the road. Apparently they increase in density over time.. yet, most drivers are very polite, even more so than in the NLs. Especially when I DARE to go off the paths (often crappy in quality or resulting in getting lost) I get less than civil interaction with drivers who start lecturing me by cutting me off or driving by far too close.

Don't start me on this hobby horse of mine..

Ivana, mourning over her lost bike more and more now the reality finally sinks in... I want my Airnimal back! I should have locked it onto my person..... I must say that at times I've been paranoid enough to take the bike inside shops with me. But on one occasion , e.g. in Medford, I was sent out of a Greyhound bussstation by gestapo women working there and asked to leave the bike outside.. their behaviour (and the demand to box the bike, while I had a bag) made me spend 5x as much on a rental car. Very different approaches everywhere!