View Single Post
Old 04-04-03, 05:38 AM
fietser_ivana

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Precious bike stolen: Airnimal Chameleon

Saturday March 29, around 1900 hrs, my bicycle was stolen in Berkeley (SF Bay Area) in front of the REI outdoor store (Gilman & San Pablo).

It is an Airnimal Chameleon with a titanium colour (made of aluminium).
The pic is shown on http://www.m-gineering.nl/airtitan.jpg

It is very easily recognizable as it has a single very fat tube and is Y-shaped at the saddle.
The bike has an elegant but simple Brompton-like suspension system with an elastomer block. By lifting a latch it folds in half.
It also is outfitted with 520mm/24 inch wheels (just like small Terry bikes in front) and has a narrow 20mm tyre in front and a fatter 32mm knobby in the rear.
It is outfitted with:
- Schmidt hub generator and 2 front lights (momentarily tied down with zip ties as a Texan cattle guard broke the connection)
- Koga Miyata butterfly bars with fat Grab on foam, with a Cateye cordless computer attached as well as a mechanical inclinometer (Sky Mounti)
- a Tubus steel rear rack
- black road racing saddle with red tips
- a black Altura rackpack filled with many bike tools as well as a
full-size Zefal pump , a bright yellow Goretex rain jacket , swim gear (even Speedo goggles)
- Speedplay Frog pedals

I would be very grateful if people could look out for it and tell me whether they have spotted it or parts of it.

Yours sincerely

Ivana van den Hork (please try to tell this to as many people as possible!) currently back in the Netherlands again